These last few weeks, I've been working on implementing the CPU in
My initial intention was to stay as close as possible to what will be the
actual implementation, but in practice, it may not have been a good idea,
because it didn't always play well with the simulation …
I would like to go more into detail about each stage of the pipeline, what
they do and how they work. I know I said in the previous installment that I
would not go into the details of hazards, but it looks like I will need it
to document my …
Soon after my last post about Bidule88 in 2014, I realized that four breadboards would
definitely not be enough to complete the project. I quickly tore it down to restart from
scratch, this time on a much larger scale: two columns of seven breadboards each.
I recently bought a Criko THD-16 drill press from 1992.
It is in good general shape, except for the quill pulley bearings that get
fairly noisy when I tension the belt. I thus decided to take everyhting apart,
clean it thoroughly, remove the rust, and replace all the bearings.
The first one is a hard cover copy of The 8088 Project
by Robert Grossblat. It seems that it is a reference on the subject, I'm eager
to start reading it. Stay tuned for more Bidule88 posts in the future!
Several months ago, while casually browsing the web from link to link, I ended up on the
Veronica project page. I've played with
computers for some years now, but never thought I'd ever be able to actually
make one. That is, until I read Quinn's posts. Granted, she uses a …